Decades ago, when you had a dental cavity, the best material to restore it was an amalgam. Even though it offered protection to your tooth and prevented bacteria from penetrating, it made it look too dark.
Nowadays, amalgams are still in use, but most people prefer opting for tooth-colored fillings in Chaparral from their dental clinic, because they value aesthetics. I mean, if you had to choose between a dental filling that looks like your natural teeth and one that looks dark, it is safe to say that you would opt for the tooth-colored one.
If you are looking for tooth-colored fillings near you, keep on reading. Our cosmetic dentist in Chaparral will talk about their many benefits.
Tooth-Colored Dental Fillings
Among tooth-colored dental fillings, you can also find composite resin and porcelain dental crowns or veneers. Let’s review them:
It is also called a white-filling, and it is added to the tooth layer by layer and hardened with a laser. Composite resin can match any shade of your tooth, making your smile look natural.
Benefits of Composite Resin
- Affordable – Compared to porcelain, it is less expensive and within most people’s budget.
- Protects your teeth – When a cosmetic dentist near you places a composite resin filling on a tooth, it protects it against bacteria.
- Durability – Sure, porcelain lasts longer, but composite resin fillings can last up to seven years.
- Fast – Your dental professional will complete the procedure in a single appointment.
- Aesthetics – Since they match the color of your tooth, nobody will notice you underwent a dental procedure.
- No contraction – The material won’t contract or expand with temperature changes.
Porcelain Dental Crowns
Porcelain dental crowns also match the color of your natural teeth and can last up to 20 years.
Benefits of Dental Crowns:
- Long-lasting – Dental crowns can last for many decades with proper care.
- Cosmetic treatment – Dental crowns improve your smile because they are tooth-colored.
- Strengthens the tooth – Porcelain is excellent to add strength to a damaged tooth, and it works for restoring severely damaged teeth.
- Stain-resistant – You will able to eat and drink your favorite foods without any restrictions or fears that your dental crown will darken.
Porcelain veneers are thin shells of porcelain that your cosmetic dentist places on your teeth to mask many defects, such as dents, discoloration, odd shapes, unappealing length, and more.
Benefits of Dental Veneers
Among the perks of porcelain veneers, we can find:
- Improve your appearance – Porcelain veneers enhance your smile and make you look more attractive.
- Natural look –Since porcelain will match the color of your teeth, you will look and feel natural.
- Durable –Porcelain veneers are resistant and last up to twenty years.
- Boost your self-esteem – Many people that chose porcelain veneers have stated that their self-confidence improved. You may discuss your expectations with your cosmetic dentist to plan the best design for your smile, and we can ensure that you will feel a boost in your self-esteem as well.
A beautiful smile has a psychological impact on people’s lives. Thanks to tooth-colored fillings, you can say goodbye to silver fillings, which make your teeth darker and are more vulnerable to contract.
Caring for Your Tooth-Colored Fillings
Keep in mind that for your fillings to last longer, you should follow these basic instructions:
- Brush your teeth twice a day with fluoride toothpaste.
- Floss daily between teeth.
- Avoid sugary and hard foods.
- Visit your dentist regularly.
If you have any other questions, feel free to contact our dental office. We have a team of caring professionals that look forward to helping you improve your oral health.